Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't ask me to remember how I used to sleep


Category: Electronic soul.

Sounds like: Reminiscing when it's time to move on.

I wanted to do a soul mix of sorts, but with the catch that I'd use only recent electronic artists. After some sifting I patched together the following, which is a bit long but good for late-night bouts with insomnia. Might be a bit lite and coffee haus-ish for some, but with all of the bass-heavy tracks, it sounds good under the influence. The vague image I had for this mix is a girl gets back in the evening after work, sits back on her couch, takes a few hits from the pipe and puts this mix on, wondering why it didn't work out with him. Charles Cooper of Telefon Tel Aviv killed himself just recently, and I can't help but think of him now when I listen to his song here.

download

01 - Röyksopp - Sparks
02 - Andrew Pekler - Here Comes the Night
03 - Esthero - Indigo Boy
04 - Dntel feat Mia Doi Todd - Rock My Boat
05 - Herbert - Those Feelings
06 - Bton - Nocturne
07 - Leila - Don't Fall Asleep
08 - Gotye - Puzzle With A Piece Missing
09 - Alif Tree - Les 4 Vents
10 - Telefon Tel Aviv - Nothing Is Worth Losing That
11 - Bows - Speed Marina
12 - Tusia Beridze - Mom Error
13 - Super_Collider - Gravity Rearrangin
14 - Andrew Pekler - Nocturne 2
15 - Goldfrapp - Pilots
16 - Junior Boys - Three Words
17 - Booka Shade - Moonstruck

Dare

1 comment: